Friday, September 19, 2008

Loss

I decided today to go to the osteopath to get a prescription for something that has been plaguing me for some time...

When I was younger I saw my brother's hair thin, my father's hair thin, and I always thought it would never happen to me. My junior year of high school I decided to cut my hair really short for wrestling. Little did I know that it would reveal a painful reality. Upon shearing off my hair there was a difference in density between the sides and crown of my hair. I was a victim of male pattern baldness. Baldness is a death sentence for a young man. It is not something like being fat for a girl. You can lose weight or put on makeup if you are ugly! Baldness is an inevitable loss in attractiveness for a man. A male model can be relegated to the status of creepy old man just because of missing hair follicles. Many women won't date bald men or even think about dating bald men. Bald men can't wear certain clothing... it would just look weird for a bald man to be in a really trendy young person shirt no matter what age. Do you think it looks cool for a bald man to be in an expensive business suit? It is unstoppable in men who have the gene, like forces of gravity or your next bowel movement. Drugs and surgery are only slowing down the certainly inevitable and making it more costly. It is not fair and more money needs to be spent to end baldness once and for all.







Tags: balding
Tags: hair loss
Tags: bald





No comments: